Today the business world is outsourcing like never before. With the interconnectivity of the world through technology and with some of the ease of access for outsourcing services for most small businesses this is the strategy for keeping costs down and improving efficiency in many industries.
While many companies are focused on where to outsource to and what firms or individuals would best serve their needs, it is important to consider a number of different factors when selecting the right outsourcing partner for you.
Here are some of the top factors that go far beyond financial concerns when selecting the right outsourcing partner:
1. Time zones. While you may be able to easily cut costs outsourcing to a firm somewhere else in the world, the best partnerships are the ones that give you the most for your money. In terms of the use of time, it is a good idea to select a company to work with that has a location in a time zone that will match well with your company. Doing so will help your business to have more operational flexibility and will allow you to service a broader client base.
2. Government/legal differences. There are some areas of the world where the process of outsourcing can be more challenging. Logically, you would want an outsourcing partner in a country where the government provides adequate support for the industry. The Philippines for instance provides incentives and benefits to companies who outsource to the country as well as employees who work for these businesses.
3. Access to Talent. One of the most important things you have to consider when choosing an outsourcing partner would be people. As a business, you should make sure that every member of your offshored team is properly trained and certified to produce the products or services your company has hired them to do. You also need to make sure that these products or services comply with your standards.
4. Tech infrastructure. Because you’re going to need to rely on a lot of communication and technology to keep your businesses connected, it’s important that you find a partner that has great access to technology. Ensure that there is a reliable system in place for transferring files, getting into contact with your outsourcing firm and managing your day-to-day operations.
5. Language barrier. Communication is very important in any business organization. Make sure that your outsourcing partner has people that you can talk to and communicate with readily. Effective communication plays a big part in maintaining efficiency and ensures that the time and money you spent are being utilized properly.